Re: [VE][79] Error Message Feedback

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 12:50, Jacek Blaszczynski wrote:
> During inspecting my web page I suppose I have found an error in
> Validator

Not a good assumption to make.

> recognized correctly

It is recognised correctly.

> and Validator reports:  "end tag for element "P" which is not open "
> what is not the case.

There is no P element open at that stage.

To quote another part of the error message:
        "or by an implicitly closed element"

As the end tag for a P element is optional in HTML 4.x and block
elements such as TABLE are not allowed inside a P element, <p><table>

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>