Re: [VE][66] New Error Message Suggestion

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 20:00, Ferguson, Hayley N wrote:
> According to the validator, I cannot nest lists inside each other in
> HTML 4.01

I would say that the validator is wrong, but I'm pretty sure that it
isn't. It validates _my_ nested list without any hitch.
http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//dorward.me.uk/tmp/lists.html

> , but according to this document I can:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/html40.txt

And it is correct.

You failed to provide a copy of non-validating code, so it is hard to
say where you went wrong.

Most likely you attempted to start a sublist *between* list items, which
isn't possible (or logical); sublists must be contained within a list
item.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>