Re: MarkUp Validation Service

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 10:38, milan.nanut@guest.arnes.si wrote:
> <script type="javascript"> is reported as valid (it won't work in a
> browser), should be <script type="text/javascript">

While that is an error, it is not invalid. The validator can only check
documents for that subset of the rules of conformance that can be
expressed in the DTD.

> if in DOCTYPE there is a mistake, eg. Transititional instead of
> Transitional it is reported as valid.

The URI specified in the DOCTYPE is used. Off the top of my head I'm not
sure if it is used when present, or when present and the public
identifier is not recognised.

Either way, the validator doesn't need the public identifier to look up
the location of the DTD when the user explicitly specifies its location.
I don't believe this is an error, but my SGML is a little weak, so I
could well be wrong.

--
David Dorward                                 <http://dorward.me.uk/>