Re: Custom DTD for case-insensitive ID values ?

Ian Hickson wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Philip TAYLOR [PC336/H-XP] wrote:
> >
> > P.S. The present page validation results can be seen at
> >
> >       http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.tug.org%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=HTML+4.01+Transitional
> >
> > and I can see that it would fail a STRICT check on one additional
> > criterion : the use of "language" in <SCRIPT>; however, I feel confident
> > to tackle that aspect of the DTD without assistance.
>
> Just out of interest, what UAs are you targetting that actually need the
> use of the "language" attribute rather than the "type" attribute?

None, it is the default behaviour of Dreamweaver V4 to insert "language"
and whilst I'm perfectly happy to add "type='text/javascript'" to the
default, I don't see much point in removing "language='javascript'" at
the same time.  Possibly irrational, but it does save work/effort...

** Phil.