Re: validation problem

Unless I misunderstand, Peter was visiting
http://validator.w3.org/check/referer

which explicitly ends in the word 'referer'. To do this, and then to
complain that it's a bug when his browser blocks the referrer and the
validator fails to validate it, strikes me as presumptuous in the
extreme.

Peter, if you want to validate pages without referrer-checking, use the
form here:
http://validator.w3.org/

Yes, it's great that your browser runs through a referrer-blocking proxy
-- I'm glad it's protecting your privacy -- but this entails certain
tradeoffs. It would be one thing if there were no validator alternative,
but you clearly have one (see the second link, above).

--
``Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an
  open sewer and die.''