Re: Not able to validate site - WHY?

On Fri, 23 May 2003 10:00:17 -0400, Laura Paige wrote:

> After several attempts to validate my company's web site, located at
> http://www.etrafficjams.com <http://www.etrafficjams.com/> , as well as
> reading through your FAQ, I was not able to view validation results.
> The error message received with each attempt is below.  Please let me
> know what I can do to successfully validate my site with your
> application.

You could start by actually reading what the error message says(!)

You quoted it's answer to your question yourself:

> I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of
> the valid sources for such information. Without encoding information
> it is impossible to validate the document.

So, step one in getting your webpage to validate is to fix the basic
mistake of not indicating what character encoding your webpage uses.

The error-message even gives you hints to where that could be done:

> The sources I tried are:
> *	The HTTP Content-Type field.
> *	The XML Declaration.
> *	The HTML "META" element.
> And I even tried to autodetect it using the algorithm defined in
> Appendix <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-guessing>

And more...

  Best wishes,

    Adam (not from W3C).

--
 "Från och med nu, så är 'så snart                            Adam Sjøgren
  som möjligt' 53 timmar!"                               asjo@koldfront.dk