Re: bug in validator

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 19:11, SUZM/SUJY wrote:

> I think this happens because domain is configured to shadow other
> domains (e.g. bratislavahotels.info, .org etc.), so maybe this could
> cause 302 Found response? However if you look at the site, everything
> is fine.

Your site has a redirect loop (irrelevant info snipped):

  $ telnet www.bratislavahotels.com 80
  Connected to www.bratislavahotels.com.
  HEAD / HTTP/1.0
  Host: www.bratislavahotels.com

  HTTP/1.1 302 Found
  location: http://www.bratislavahotels.com/guestmodify.php?command=3&newcurrencytype=1

  $ telnet www.bratislavahotels.com 80
  Connected to www.bratislavahotels.com.
  HEAD /guestmodify.php?command=3&newcurrencytype=1 HTTP/1.0

  location: http://www.bratislavahotels.com/index.php

  $ telnet www.bratislavahotels.com 80
  Connected to www.bratislavahotels.com.
  HEAD /index.php HTTP/1.0
  Host: www.bratislavahotels.com

  HTTP/1.1 302 Found
  location: http://www.bratislavahotels.com/guestmodify.php?command=3&newcurrencytype=1

Apparently browsers detect the redirect loop and just show the page.
Validator detects it too and breaks out of the loop, but as the final
status is 302, validator treats it as an error.

The real fix is to fix the redirect loop in your site, but if for some
reason you can't, use the validator's extended interface and tick the
"Validate error pages" option, that'll allow you to validate the page
where validator interrupts the redirect loop.

HTH,
--
\/ille Skyttä
ville.skytta at iki.fi