Re: Validator fails to detect invalid document

Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>On Sat, 9 Nov 2002, Peter Favrholdt wrote:
>
>>But, I think I've found a bug in the validator regarding the <body>
>>tag: if the <body> tag misses the trailing > it is not detected!
>
>That's not a bug, it's the SGML SHORTTAG TAGC omission feature.

But see
<URL:http://validator.w3.org:8001/check?uri=http://2onsdag.dk/index_wrong.
php>. Depending on feedback, this may or may not change before release.
Prohibiting this particular SHORTTAG feature is strictly speaking up to the
HTML WG (well, or move to XHTML and be done with it ;D), but the number of
complaints and the relative usefullness made this seem the most
constructive course.

--
>For all I know they probably have a standard for
>which direction to put the thread on a bolt.

That would be ISO 261:1973.         -- John Cowan