Re: validator does NOT validate XHTML 1.0

scripsit Christoph Schneegans:
> Thanasis Kinias wrote:

> > That's _bizarre_, and very broken behaviour if the browsers do that.

[in reference to a browser supposedly refusing to render pages that
don't explicity set the xmlns attribute]

> Of course, the statement above is true only if the document is declared with
> a MIME type such as "application/xhtml+xml", and this behaviour makes sense
> in that case.

I don't follow.  You mean that IFF content-type is
application/xhtml+xml, the brokenness is correct?  Or that it's correct
IFF the content-type _isn't_ application/xhtml+xml?

Either way, I can't see how it could be correct behaviour under any
circimstance.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Doctoral Student, Department of History

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul