Re: [css-text-decor] Orientation of emphasis marks for sideways text

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 9:15 PM, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good point, thank you.
>
> There's no real use cases however, so I'm fine to leave it undefined.
>
> For Blink, though Blink doesn't support sideways-* as of today, upright is
> easier to implement. But we have a discussion to change our implementation
> for text-emphasis, and when it happens, upright might become harder to
> implement.
>
> What do you think?

It seems to me always remaining upright costs less code for us. If
there is no real use cases, I guess it's fine to leave it undefined
for now, but we probably should at least state in the spec explicitly
that it is undefined, and encourage people to provide feedback if they
do have any valid use case we don't know.

- Xidorn