Re: [css-flexbox] Behaviour of percentage heights in column direction

On 07/01/2014 09:53 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> fantasai and I discussed this this morning.  Based on that discussion,
> and the telcon discussion we had last week, we agree with the
> conclusions of this thread.  Namely, percentage heights on children of
> flex items should be resolveable if the item's 'flex-basis' is
> definite; they resolve against the *flexed height* of the flex item
> (not its flex-basis directly).
[...]
> (There's still the issue of what happens when the item freezes due to
> a min-height violation based on its min-content size, but that's a
> more general issue than just Flexbox, and we've started a separate
> thread on that.)

Hi Tab,

Do you know where this separate thread (which you mentioned having
started, in the parenthetical here) ended up?

I looked at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jul/ and
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Jun/ , and I saw
several threads about min-height/min-width, but it's not clear to me
which one (if any) actually ended up considering the question of whether
a "min-content"-clamped flex item should be considered as having a
definite height, for the purpose of resolving percent heights on its
children.

Thanks,
~Daniel