Re: [css-font-loading] controlling font loading display

On 15/4/15 12:34, Florian Rivoal wrote:
>> I think you could make 'blank-fallback no-refresh' work and that may be
>> sufficient for the imagined use cases. This would mean initially display
>> text transparently using some form of fallback font. If the font loads
>> before the timeout, display text using the font resource. After the
>> timeout, display text with the fallback font and don't switch to the
>> downloaded font after the load completes.
>
> Good point, the no-refresh behavior makes sense on blank (again,
> I am no distinguishing between blank and blank-fallback) as well.

I'm not sure I understand quite how the suggested "no-refresh" behavior
is expected to work, in various cases.

Can the font resource be used (now that it's cached) for subsequent
pages using the same style even if the originally-requesting page didn't
use it because it arrived too slowly?

How about when the user navigates away from the original page and then
returns to it? Or reloads the page? What if the content of the page is
auto-refreshed, or replaced via script?

JK