Re: [selectors3][css-inline] sizing of (floated) ::first-letter

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:19:10 +0200, Greg Whitworth <gwhit@microsoft.com>
wrote:

>> http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/first-letter-tests/first-letter-001.html
>> http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/first-letter-tests/first-letter-002.html
>> http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/first-letter-tests/first-letter-003.html
>> http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/first-letter-tests/first-letter-001-ref.html
>>
>>   - Florian
>
> FYI: Chrome/FF/IE all render the same on first-letter-001-ref.html, but
> on the first-letter-001 Chrome and FF render more closely while IE
> renders this the same as first-letter-001-ref. Haven't had a chance to
> dig too much into first-letter yet but if your ref test is set up
> correctly then I would suggest this is a bug in Chrome/FF.

Chrome on mac renders first-letter-001 identically to first-letter-001-ref.

> if your ref test is set up correctly

For 002 and 003, I am pretty confident the ref is correct. I think it is
correct for 001 as well, but I would be less surprised if I missed
something subtle there.

Either way, failing these tests can't be considered a but until we resolve
to remove the special case for ::first-letter

  - Florian