Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 11:44 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>> This was already discussed:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/mid/CAAWBYDDF1fRrJj08AvFARfCstkQfgg=RH85n-UPh3ZZ_fjc2wA@mail.gmail.com
>
> Can we describe in IDL that the interface DOMPoint inherits from the
> dictionary DOMPointLiteral?
> It seems that there are some subtle differences between attributes and
> dictionary member that is otherwise lost.

There's no need to do any of this.  It's very simple and easy.  A
DOMPoint satisfies the definition of a DOMPointLiteral - it's an
object with the necessary named attributes.  As long as we're not
trying to do anything fancy just with "real" DOMPoints (which we
aren't, and shouldn't), then just having the methods take a
DOMPointLiteral is all we need to do.

A dictionary isn't a real "thing".  It's just a description of a
"shape" that objects have to have.