Re: [css-regions] Add " Reordering and Accessibility" section just like Flexbox

On 10/27/13 1:55 AM, "Takeshi Kurosawa" <taken.spc@gmail.com> wrote:

>However, current Blink implementation of CSS Regions changes order of
>accessibility tree objects by CSS Regions. Accessibility tree objects are
>exposed assistive technologies such as screen readers though
>Accessibility APIs.

Yes, this is an implementation bug.

>Yet the Blink's bug is not the spec's bug, I believe the spec should
>mention
>relationship of reordering content and accessibility to avoid similar bugs
>in other UAs and incorrect use of CSS Regions.

I agree - the mention of flow-into not changing DOM order was intended to
cover this, but the clarification is good. I've added the first two
sentences below to the description of flow-into.

---
The Œflow-into¹ property does not affect ordering
in non-visual media (such as speech). Likewise,
Œflow-into¹ does not affect the default traversal
order of sequential navigation modes (such as
cycling through links, see e.g. Œnav-index¹
[CSS3UI] or tabindex [HTML40]).
---

But I'm not certain these author conformance statements are necessary.

>>Authors must use CSS Regions only
>> for visual, not logical, reordering of content; style sheets that use
>>CSS
>> Regions to perform logical reordering are non-conforming.

Thanks,

Alan