Re: [css3-break] multiple forced breaks in a column

On 11/5/13 3:25 PM, "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:

>Le 05/11/2013 23:20, Alan Stearns a écrit :
>> You're absolutely right - I was confusing myself with the source order
>> question (which does make a difference). My original markup had the
>>float
>> before the in-flow content. In that case I think you get two columns as
>> describe above.
>
>To clarify, do you mean this?
>

><article class="multicol">
></article>
>

>In that case I agree, you¹d get two columns containing .3..1. and .4..2.

I think in this case you get

.1.
.2. and .3..4. (assuming .4. would normally fit in the first column if it
did not have the break-before)

If you move the float further up in the source:

<article class="multicol">
</article>

Then you'd get .1..3. and .2..4.

>But I¹m not sure what part of the spec supports this, or should. Why
>could it be different?

This came up as a question during implementation, where possible
interpretations were to only respond to the first forced break in source
order, or to only respond to forced breaks in in-flow content.

Thanks,

Alan