Re: [css21] What's the used value of left/right when overconstrained in relpos?

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

>> > sounds reasonable
>>
>> Unfortunately, it looks like I said the exact opposite of what I meant
>> to say.  My actual words are nonsensical, because they imply that we
>> should resolve "auto" away at computed-value time even when it can't
>> be done until used-value time.
>>
>> What I *meant* to say is "It should just resolve at used-value time".
>> That is, a given keyword should always resolve at a single time; if
>> it's possible to resolve it at several different times, resolve it at
>> the earliest time that satisfies all cases.
>
> Thanks for clarifying. That is how I decoded your intention in your earlier
> response.

Cool, just making sure.  ^_^  This is somewhat contrary to your stated
preference earlier in this thread, because it means that properties
which only resolve "auto" at used-value time would still report "auto"
from getComputedValue(), since only a small blacklist of properties
return used values.