Re: [css3-break] Limiting break propagation to the fragmented flow

Le 28/02/2013 23:34, Alan Stearns a écrit :
> Section 4.1 notes that:
>
> ---
> Since breaks are only allowed between siblings (1),
> not between a box and its container,
> a Œbreak-before¹ value on a first-child box
> is propagated to its container.
> Likewise a Œbreak-after¹ value on a last-child box
> is propagated to its container.
> ---
>
> First, the (1) isn't clear to me - I'm assuming it refers to the mention
> of 'siblings' in the Class 1 definition above.

I suggest changing the text to:

"Since <a href=#btw-blocks>Class 1 breaks</a> are only allowed between

> Second, I think there should be one more sentence that notes that this
> propagation stops at the fragmented flow boundary.

Is the flow / flow boundary terminology that of css3-regions? (I need to
read up on that.)

> If the first child of a
> multicol element has break-before the break does not propagate to the
> column or the multicol element.

I suppose it depends on the type of break. A forced page break *should*
propagate.

--
Simon Sapin