Re: [cssom] Constructor for MediaList

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:29 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CSSOM currently has a constructor defined for MediaList. This was not
> present in
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/csswg/cssom/Attic/Overview.html?rev=1.166;content-type=text%2Fhtml#the-medialist-interface
>
> I can't find any discussion that led to the addition of this constructor. If
> there was any, please provide a pointer.
>
> As far as I can tell, at present the created object cannot be used for
> anything.

It does look like it can't currently be used for anything.  An obvious
use for it would be to allow it to be assigned to .media directly,
rather than having to go through text first.

Another use (possibly what prompted you to look into this?) is in
custom MQs, where it could be useful to represent an MQ alias, rather
than a purely custom one.

~TJ