Re: [css-syntax][css-variables] Extend !important to !<anything>*

On 14/06/13 14:04, Simon Sapin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should generalize the !important syntax to enable more
> annotations of the same kind. We should do it now, even if we don’t
> define any such annotation yet.
>

> Immediate proposal:
>
>    Change <any-value> in Variables to not accept a top-level '!' token.
> This reserves '!' in a declaration value followed by anything, for
> future extension.

I want this to be approved by the WG before change done in spec,
please. This is something we already discussed once loooong ago and
rejected so I think it requires WG's review. Let's schedule it for this
week's conf call if we can.

</Daniel>