Re: [css3-syntax] Making U+0080 to U+009F "non-ASCII"?

Le 27/01/2013 02:55, Bjoern Hoehrmann a écrit :
> As a matter of good governance, the CSS Working Group should stick
> with the syntax that it promises will never ever change, as much as is
> possible at least, and even if there was no such promise, it shouldn't
> make changes to the syntax for no reason (you have not shown that there
> is a valid reason);

I agree on the principle, but why keep a promise when three of four
major implementations do something else, and probably always have?
U+0080 is already non-ASCII in WebKit, Presto, and Trident:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2013Jan/att-0039/U_0080_as_non-ASCII.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2013Jan/att-0039/U_007F_as_non-ASCII.html

> one reason is that a change as proposed might lead
> to arguments with I18N Core about the merits of C1 control characters as
> initial character in identifiers, which does not seem to be a good use
> of either Working Group's time.

As I said in a previous email, let’s not go there. I’m certainly not
trying to have that discussion.

--
Simon Sapin