Re: [css3-transitions] Content attribute for transitionend event handling

On Friday 2012-03-30 18:27 +0000, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> Current builds of Chrome and IE10 support a prefixed ontransitionend event handler e.g.
> The alert in the following simple testcase will display after 1.5s:
>
>  <!doctype html>
>   #test {
>    width: 300px;
>    height:300px;
>    background-color:blue;
>    -webkit-transition: background-color 1.5s;
>   }
>   #test:hover {
>    background-color:lime;
>   }
>
> Firefox and Opera do not, as far as I can tell, support this. As this is currently unspecified
> we should discuss whether/how to make it interoperable.

I was under the impression that these attributes were seen as a
backwards-compatibility feature and plan in the DOM events world was
to not add them for new events.  But I could be wrong there.

http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#EventTarget-onfoo doesn't
say anything about that other than saying the attributes are
language-specific.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/webappapis.html#event-handler-content-attributes
doesn't say which events have event handler content attributes in
HTML5, though I bet something in HTML5 does.

-David