Re: [css3-animations] display:none, visibility:hidden and animations

As an idea how to solve these and similar issues.

I've introduced :animating state flag in my implementation. This allows
to target properties like display, visibility, etc. while animating.

As an example:

li {
  height: auto;
  opacity: 1.0;
}

li.collapsed
{
   height:0;
   display:none;
   transition: height 400ms linear;
}

li.collapsed:animating
{
   overflow-y:hidden;
   display: block;
}

As you see here I am saying that when element will get
.collapsed class its height will be gradually reduced to zero and
for the time of animation the element has overflow-y:hidden;
and is displayed as block (no bullet is shown for that time).

Therefore with :animating there is no need to define
how display, overflow, visibility transition. They are
just non-animatable.

As simple as that.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk