RE: [CSS21] Re: Clarification needed for inline boxes containing block boxes

The CSSWG has addressed your concerns in the upcoming publication of the CSS 2.1 specification[1].

The CSSWG resolved:

"are broken around the block-level box (and any block-level siblings that are consecutive or separated only by collapsible whitespace and/or out-of-flow elements), splitting the inline box into two boxes (even if either side is empty), one on each side of the block-level box."

We hope this closes your issue.

Please respond before 14 March, 2011 if you do not accept the current resolution.

[1] http://w3.org/TR/CSS