RE: [css4-background] Background image opacity

I agree with the spirit of what Tab mentioned in the mail, but I'd say it slightly differently:

CSSWG needs to stop doing fanciful things with background-propertyname, and instead do them inside of <image> itself.

This is the route both *-gradient and cross-fade went.