Re: [CSS21] remove mentions of percentage intrinsic widths/heights

On Thursday, November 4, 2010, 4:44:20 PM, David wrote:

LDB> In sections 10.3.2 and 10.6.2 CSS 2.1 has references to percentage
LDB> intrinsic widths/heights.

LDB> In discussions with the SVG working group just now, the SVG working
LDB> group believes that width/height on the root SVG element never
LDB> actually lead to a percentage intrinsic dimension.

At TPAC, you pointed to a clear section in SVGT 1.2 which explained things well. That section was missing in SVG 1.1 Second Edition.

The SVG WG discussed this, and I took an action to copy over the missing section, which has now been done. So SVG 1.1SE will have the same wording.

Pointer to the 'src' version (the publish version will regenerate next time the script is run)

http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.1F2/master/coords.html#IntrinsicSizing

LDB> Since these cases of percentage intrinsic dimensions actually all
LDB> lead to horrible results, we should probably remove mention of
LDB> percentage intrinsic dimensions from the specification, since we
LDB> don't actually have any use cases for them (and fix the relevant
LDB> tests in the test suite).

Which tests are those?

 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG