RE: [css3-2d-transforms] Interop: matrix() values e,f <number> or <length>

> From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of L. David Baron

> > I was curious to know whether this was by design.
>
> It was.  I proposed changing the spec here:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Oct/0360.html
> and got no response.

Thanks ! I expected you would have sent a note about this but
couldn't find it in the archive.

I would expect translate() to be used much more often than matrix()
by most authors; however, having both <number> and <length> makes
the design of a useful DOM helper interface such as the specified
CSSMatrix a bit more complicated; or limited to px.