Re: Questions about 'column-span'

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 6:31 AM, Linss, Peter <peter.linss@hp.com> wrote:

> Given proper separation of content and style, which CSS should always be
> striving to achieve, telling an author to rearrange the markup in order to
> obtain a presentational effect is never an acceptable answer (yeah, yeah I
> know, XSLT and all that, but you get my point).

Telling authors to rearrange the markup is undesirable, but so are spec
complexity, implementation difficulty, and negative performance impact. We
have to make tradeoffs here. Keeping markup intact doesn't automatically
trump all other considerations, and therefore sometimes it has to be
acceptable.

Rob
53:5-6]