Re: [css3-background] vastly different takes on "blur"

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gecko gives me a blur width that is about twice as wide as the authored
> amount, so I still want to change that to be a more straightforward 1:1
> relationship.

Yeah. Right now we make a blurred region whose width is twice the "blur
radius" and which is centered on the shadow edge. Cutting that in half to
match the spec could be done, but it seems a less intuitive interpretation
of "radius". Our implementation has the property that the pixels affected by
the blur are those whose distance from the shadow edge is less than the
"blur radius". Am I alone in thinking that makes sense?

Rob
53:5-6]