Re: CSS3 transition strangeness when using background-color:transparent;

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

>> Of course, if an author changes to rgba(0,0,0,0) specifically, it
>> should indeed transition on all components, and darken as it fades.
>
> Why?  Why would you ever want that?

So that you could, frex, change to rgba(0,256,256,0), and have a
reddening as it goes opaque?  It seems to make sense to me.

>> Is is possible to special-case this?
>
> Wouldn't it be better to just do the premultiplied thing?  Any time opacity
> is involved it seems to give more desirable results.

Maybe.  I'm trying to understand your previous email, but I'm pretty
sure you typo'd on a few places, but I'm not precisely sure *where*,
so I'm having trouble connecting your examples with this explanation
of premultiplication that I'm reading.