Re: [css-ui] Request for :dirty pseudoclass

On 9/23/2009 10:42 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I recently opened a bugzilla ticket on the HTML5 tracker[1] asking for
> :invalid and related pseudoclasses to not match until the input was in
> some sense "dirty", that is, until the user had directly interacted
> with the control.

I think clearer names might be "activated", "was-active",
"previously-active", "focused", "was-focused", or "post-focus". The name
"dirty" doesn't tell you much.

> :invalid:dirty { border: 3px solid red; }
> :invalid:dirty::after { content: "Please enter a valid email."; }

Last I checked, application of a pseudo-element to a replaced element
was undefined (and HTML form controls are replaced). Was this ever resolved?