Re: [cssom-view] small update

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 01:01:32 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure. How about, "return a ClientRectList object containing
> ClientRect objects for the caption box(es) as well as the table box(es),
> with each caption box appearing after the table box with which it is
> associated, if any. Note that multiple table and/or caption boxes can
> arise
> due to page and column breaks." This leaves quite a lot undefined, but
> defining everything is pretty hard given the possibility of captions
> appearing on different pages and captions being split.

I put constraints on the list instead:

"If the element on which the method was invoked has a computed value for
display property of table or inline-table include both the table box and
the caption box, but not the anonymous container box."

The order is already decided by the phrase that says "content order". If
more table boxes are generated it should work out just as well, but if we
see problems when that becomes more widespread we'll have to revise the
text.

>> Ah. So for each "anonymous block box" you take the child box(es) until
>> you don't have any anonymous block boxes left?
>
> Right.

These are now the other constraint:

"Replace each anonymous block box with its child box(es) and repeat this
until no anonymous block boxes are left in the final list."

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>