Re: [css3-background] background-position relative to other corners

On Jan 29, 2008, at 12:20 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> My proposal allowing four values (I would not suggest three) would
> mimic those for the margins, padding, border-width and outline. In
> one way it simplifies things for authors by matching the same edge
> for background-position with those for margins, padding, border-
> width and outline. On the other hand it can (will) cause total
> confusion. Maybe what I seeking is a property:
>
> background-position-coord: 0 0 0 0;

I can see the value of 4 coordinates that match margins, et al, but
its hampered by the legacy of the two value shorthand that doesn't
match the margin shorthand. I'm not a fan of a new property that
overrides an existing property (for one thing, that makes the cascade
more confusing). Maybe you need a value that is more like rect.

background-position: rect(0 0 0 0);

or

background-position: sides(0 0 0 0);

It seems you still ling a way to set the position by just two edges
though. Would that be something like a long-hand of this? like this:

background-position-top-right: sides(0 0)