Re: [CSS3] transition effects

Jordan OSETE schreef:
>   li:hover>ul{
>     transition-enter: slide-in(top-to-bottom, 0.5s);
>     display: block;
>     transition-leave: slide-out(bottom-to-top, 0.5s);
>   }

No! The nice thing about my proposal is that it is entirely declarative,
and needs no notion of ‘sliding in’ or ‘out’ nor ‘top’ or ‘bottom’.

They are three very simple properties, and it uses regular CSS styling
to set what states should be shown.

This also makes it entirely backwards-compatible in the sense that
existing applications will simply not display the animation, but will
simply show the final result for the states.

As an aside, note that you can also transition settings with discrete
values, which will cause the original discrete value to change after the
animation has ended.

> What we actually need is standardized methods for reading CSS values
> based on classes/id's right in Javascript using DOM methods, e.g. a
> mock-up dom method for reading a class value
> myElementsBorderWidth =
> document.activeStyle('screen').getClassPropertyValue('myclass','border-width')

A scripting layer simply needs to check whether animate-properties is
set on an element, and if so, store those current properties and monitor
whether they change. An animate-motion: none; could be used to specify
that the CSS engine itself should not do anything.

~Grauw