Re: Regarding Comma Separation

--- Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is one concern that I have, which is that
> different parts of CSS are now using comma
> separation for different things:

> Could a different symbol, perhaps '&', be used for
> multiples such as those for multiple background
> images?

Another possibility would be to specify different
backgrounds in separate properties.

  p {
    background: yellow url(alpha.png);
  }
  p.special {
    background(2): url(beta.png);
  }

This would replace:
  p {
    background: yellow url(alpha.png);
  }
  p.special {
    background: url(beta.png), yellow url(alpha.png);
  }

This solution would also remove the need to redefine
backgrounds when you want to add more through a
different selector, and it would be more backwards
compatible.

The obvious problem is the strange syntax.