Re: [CSS21] out of scope counter-reset inconsistency?

On Wednesday 2005-07-20 17:26 +0100, Geoff Soutter wrote:
> In the latest WD, It appears that:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/syndata.html#counter
>
> conflicts with:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CSS21-20050613/generate.html#scope
>
> in that the former refers to out of scope counter-reset operating on the
> root element and the latter refers to it operating on the the element in
> question.
>
> As I understand it this behaviour has recently changed so it may have
> been overlooked.

The latter is correct.  When proposing edits for some decisions we made
regarding counters, I didn't even realize that the former section
existed.  Probably the sentence should just be removed (and perhaps much
of the section).

-David

          Technical Lead, Layout & CSS, The Mozilla Foundation