RE: [css3-page] examples in 3.3.2 (page size) are 'US-centric'(?)

Ernest wrote:
> [...]

I agree you both commenters. When I update the spec later this month or
next, I will have examples using A4, the sizes will be correct (when used)
and in mm, in keeping with Ernest's comments.  I also, will reference the
PWG spec [1] on paper sizes and names.

However, I'm not so sure about requiring support for all the paper names set
forth in [1].  I still think that A4 and Letter will cover most of the uses.
Of course, I can be convinced, otherwise, by persuasive reasoning.  My
purpose is user/document author convenience and my feeling is that names are
more accurate and readable than sizes.  I don't think it is feasible to
revise the spec, even periodically, just to add new media names -- that's
the argument for use of sizes.

Is there a compromise that satisfies most of the people most of the time?

 - Jim Bigelow, editor