Re: Why bother?

A person with the pen name "WASSERCRATS" wrote:

> [Until] enough of the old browsers are compliant as
> well as the new ones, my website won't validate.

Are you waiting for the new, compliant softwarfe today to
become the old, compliant software of tomorrow?  That may
yet happen.  I hope that you are not waiting for the old,
non-compliant software of today to become the very old,
non-compliant software of tomorrow.  That will never happen.

> I care about the users of old browsers who
> want to visit my website more than I care about
> people who like to be technically correct.

You choose one over the other when you can have both.

It is an easy task to mark up an HTML document that is
valid according XML 1.0 and according to ISO 8879:1986
(the SGML standard).  For those who want features not found
in W3C Recommendations on HTML nor in IETF RFC on
HTML, modification of the document type definition is possible.

--
Etan Wexler