Re: css layout should be symmetrical

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 04:21 , Vadim Plessky wrote:

> I hope my "should" was meaning that you *can* use CSS2 tables in
> HTML, but
> that's not recommended.

But why?

I know "layout tables" aren't very popular here, but:

What's wrong with the CSS2 table layout model compared to CSS
positioning? Isn't it easier to create scalable and stretchy layouts
using the table model? It seems to me that it is more difficult to
create scalable layouts using CSS positioning.

IMO, moving from strechy tables to pixel-based positioning just
because layout tables are considered harmful is going out of the
frying pan into the fire.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@niksula.hut.fi