Re: border widths (was part of "border size and combining units")

I think it would be because what would it be a percentage of? Border isn't
at the moment related to the width or height of an object. And then, would
it be better for it to be a percentage of the object? or a percentage of the
page width/height? For a flexible layout, the latter may be better, but
then, what if you want to use DHTML to resize an element?

I don't know why they haven't made an attempt at working it out though.