Re: New article for REVIEW: Upgrading from language-specific legacy encoding to Unicode encoding

On Thursday, October 13, 2005, 10:38:59 PM, Bert wrote:

BB> On Thursday 13 October 2005 02:57, Frank Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
BB> [CSS2 allows six hex digits after "\", CSS1 only four]

BB> CSS2 is meant to be superset of CSS1.

well, six is a superset of 4 :)

BB>  If the specs are incompatible, one
BB> of the two must be wrong. In this case it seems we forgot an errata for
BB> CSS1.

CSS1 refers to Unicode 2.0 which at that point was seen as purely a
16bit code space while ISO talked of a 32 bit codespace.

This was harmonised into the 16 planes and therefore 6 hex digits; CSS 1
only allowed the BMP to be addressed.

BB> I'll take it to the CSS WG.

BB> Bert

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group