Re: New test page: text-transform

> To shorten text while being politically correct, there is
> the convention to use upper case in the middle of a word,
> i.e. "Studenten and Studentinnen" (students (male) and
> students (female)) is shortened to "StudentINNen". The
> stylistic uppercasing of this is "STUDENTinnEN", and
> I guess the stylistic lowercasing would be "studentINNen".
> This probably could be taken care of by some context analysis,
> it wouldn't need a dictionary.

The convention appeared after I had left Switzerland, but when I have seen it
recently, it appeared to be "StudentInnen" (only the I uppercased); but I have
only seen a few examples in print. I have never seen any examples of
STUDENTinnEN or STUDENTiNNEN.

Mark
http://www.macchiato.com
► शिष्यादिच्छेत्पराजयम् ◄