Pseudo Resources for Java-Script

Dear all,

I am building a JavaScript that will print out the date in three different
formats

    dd-mmm-yyyy
    mmm dd, yyyy
    yyyy-mm-dd

where:
   mmm = 3 let abbreviation of month
   mm  = 2 digit representation of month

What I would like to do is use the correct language to display the names of
the months depending on what locale is passed to it(en_US, fr_FR, etc.)
Right now I have a JavaScript file that has all the different languages that
I want in the same file.  What I would like to do is test the locale passed
and then call a second JavaScript file (pseudo resource file) to load only
the names of the months for the requested language.

Have any of you done this before and could give me an idea how to do it, or
tell me that I am crazy and it can't be done with JavaScript.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Russ