Re: A suggested tag

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Liam Quinn wrote:

> Optimally, browsers would have a dictionary of words and their proper
> hyphenation, but since they can't even support justified text,
> thinking about hyphenation is a bit premature.  If browsers were to
> support ­, I can only imagine using it on long words (>10
> characters).

Perhaps we should introduce a convention for linking to a dictionary
of hyphenation rules and special cases, e.g. via the LINK element
or perhaps as an extension to CSS. What formats are appropriate for
hyphenation dictionaries though?

Dave Raggett - <dsr@w3.org> tel +1 617 258 5741 fax +1 617 258 5999
World Wide Web Consortium 545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139