Re: new to HTML, need help

Kim Carberry (kimc@wsi.com) writes:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I hope someone can help. I am trying to create a homepage for a class
> project, REALLY important!!
>
> Struggling with the image maps and forms.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for understanding the more advanced
> features of html.  I am trying to make my page a table with 0 border.  So it
> is organized an looks good.  I would like to add some javascript. Anyone
> have any suggestions>?
>
> Desperately in need of some help!

Regarding Javascript there's a downloadable and online-readable HTML
documentation for nearly all of Javascript. This is at netscape.com
somewhere. Start up Netscape, go to Netscape's home page if you aren't
already there, go to Creating Net Sites, and it's in there somewhere.
The downloadable zip can be placed on your hard drive (a few hundred K)
and browsed offline.
What they don't mention about Javascript is that it's buggy: occasionally
a perfectly good script will, with no obvious reason, cause Netscape to
crash. Usually it's the document methods: document.close, document.clear,
document.write etc. Also document.clear doesn't seem to work correctly at all.

--
    .*.  "Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not
 -()  <  circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a