Re: Error in XHTML 1.0 Second Edition Specification (C.14)

The XHTML 1.0 Second Edition spec contains a DTD, and that DTD [1]
indicates the style element takes an id attribute.  The normative DTD
itself at [2] also says this.  Your document, on the other hand, claims
to be XHTML 1.1.  XHTML 1.1 Second Edition DOES indeed permit the id
attribute on the style element.   It is not yet a Recommendation, nor is
the updated XHTML Modularization 1.1 on which it depends.  Perhaps the
validator is not using the latest version of the XHTML 1.1 Second
Edition DTD because it is not yet a rec?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Strict
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd