Re: www4mail Email error

Well,
I would like to have the following information:

1. Does the blank message contain ANYTHING ??

www4mail will not send out any mail message without the information page.
Even if the information text is disabled by the user, there is a head line
that contains the quota information.

Last year, such problem were usually caused by the MTA and not WWW4MAIL .
So please, someone kindly check if the messages have the same message ID
and if the QUota information is the same on all message then an MTA
somewhere is into a loop, it may not be www4mail itself.

I think a good solution instead of shuting down the server would be to
perform the following checks:

1. Using the mailq command, findout all mails queued for that particular
user who complained. You can delete the ones that you find.

2. in the www4mail home directory, in the spool subdirectory, check if any
files there contain the users e-mail address. E.g grep -i
"onime@ictp.trieste.it" /home/www4mail/spool/*
Once again you can delete such files but get back to me!

3. Just a hint, for your server ftp.uni-stuttgart.de, try to configure one
or more swap files to provide about 3 times your normal RAM. Also, in your
configuration try to turn off user single threading and/or configure the
maximum spool age to be something like 1 hour, i.e Requests that cannot be
served in one hour should be dropped.  Also, enable www4mail daemon mode,
if possible (just in case sendmail is continously feeding a single mail
into different www4mail processes).

I would like to say that there is a loot of defensive code against a
single www4mail process getting into a loop. I believe that the 2.2
gateways have a parameter that ensures that after a single
process has delivered a maximum of 10 mails, it would force an exit.

So, the two probable options are
A. the MTA is feeding the same message into different www4mail processes

Cure: Enable daemon mode in the main configuration file place the
following directive:
DaemonMode 1

B. An MTA is delivering the same message to the end user. Here, one just
has to trace how far the Mail travelled.

Cure: I can't say right now.

Okay, someone please send me a copy of the looping message!! I can be more
definite after looking at the messages.

Finally, I should apologise for my long absence, I was away on holiday!
Christmas, New year .....
Okay, now that I am back, the www4mail site Administrator can be assured
of prompt responses.

Thanks

Clement Onime