FW: [ANN] Xalan-J 2.2 build is released

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: Shane Curcuru [mailto:shane_curcuru@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 9:47 AM
To: xalan-dev@xml.apache.org; xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org;
announcements@xml.apache.org
Subject: [ANN] Xalan-J 2.2 build is released

We've completed a Xalan-J 2.2 final build and posted it to our usual site.
Please see further notes below.

Documentation: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/
Downloads:
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_2-bin.tar.gz
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_2-src.tar.gz
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_2-bin.zip
  http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/dist/xalan-j_2_2-src.zip
    Corresponding .sig files are available as well.
    Sources tagged 'xalan-j_2_2_0'

Notes:
- This build is primarily for users who want an updated stable Xalan-J for
use in current production environments.  Users who want to wait for our next
planned set of performance enhancements and/or who need to use Xerces 2.x
may want to wait for Xalan-J 2.3 in the next 2-3 weeks.

- This is the last Xalan-J build to use Xerces 1.x.  We will shortly be
checking a Xerces 2.0.x parser jar into our CVS and using that for all
future builds.

- Xalan-J 2.2 will compile and run with Xerces 2.0.0beta4, however there may
be new bugs or changes in behavior since we have not thoroughly tested that
yet.  Future Xalan-J builds in the near future should still compile and run
with Xerces 1.x although they will ship with Xerces 2.x.

- This is that last Xalan-J build that will include Xalan-J 1.x
compatibility code.  This compatibility code will not work with Xerces 2.x
and will be removed from our CVS shortly.

- Shane
<eof mailto="curcuru@apache.org" .sig="temporarily down" />

=====
<eof aka="mailto:shane_curcuru@us.ibm.com"