Re: rdfs:Graph ? comment on http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/#section-dataset and issue 35

On 07/16/2013 03:45 PM, Jeremy J Carroll wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org
> <mailto:sandro@w3.org>> wrote:
>

>>> Or this one
>>>
>>> <> a rdf:DirectDataset.
>>> GRAPH _:c { _:a _:a _:a }
>>> GRAPH _:d { _:b _:b _:b }
>>>
>>> does _:c = _:d ?
>>>

>> Nope.
>

> Oh that one surprise me, I would have thought with graph literals that
> this would be the case:
>
> with each being just syntax for

The graph itself is just a structure.   Whatever interpretations you
might give to it, equality, etc, doesn't change the structure itself.
And the dataset is just concerned with the structure. The graph name is
attached to the graph (a structure), not the logical meaning of the
graph, or the consequences of that meaning, or something like that.

     -- Sandro