Re: Updating of editors version of HTML5 spec

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 2:08 AM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
>
> you wrote:
>
> "It feels very unfortunate that these days the majority of emails in
> this list are regarding process and not regarding the technical
> discussions of what's in the HTML5 spec."
>
> I would suggest its the editors regular attempts at the monkeywrenching of
> the html wg process  is the reason for such emails.
>
> I would also suggest that the reason why technical issues are not disucussed
> on the html wg list is that the majority of the activity occurs on the bugs.
> That appears to be by design. I would very much like to see the technical
> discussion occuring in the bugs moved back to the HTML list as I would find
> it much easier to keep track of what was being discussed.
>

>>Is anyone really doubting that the editor will get to the change?
>
> Yes i am seriously doubting it, thats why i asked. No changes have occured
> to the canvas 2d context spec since the revert was made on it, I do not
> think it is a situation that should be repeated with the HTML5 spec and if
> it does occur I want to see it nipped in the bud before it causes problems.
>
> I am perfectly happy with having the thread moved to www.archive, but I
> reserve the right to initiate such discussion on the html wg list.

I disagree that it's good use of the HTML list's time. But it's the
chair's decision and not mine.

I also don't think that a lot of technical discussions are happening
in the bugs. As far as I can tell the discussions have moved to the
WHATWG list and private threads as they provide a more productive
climate.

I think this is very unfortunate.

/ Jonas